Everyday has miracles, but one of
the first miracles of the week was meeting with Adolphine, a less active from
Ghana. We had one open slot for Wednesday and SHE asked US to meet with her on
that day and she could fit in our one open slot. It was perfect!
The next miracle is Corra. We were
street contacting around Polo Park (the mall) when we ran into her. She was so
nice to talk to, and we invited her to come to church and she said yes. The
best part is, she actually came!!!! Our friend Laura spoke and then another guy
spoke about the Book of Mormon, and after the service I said to Corra,
"Have you heard of the Book of Mormon before?"
To my surprise she responds,
"Yeah, I have one right here," and she pulls one from her bag! (And
yes, I still say bag not beg. Crazy Canadians.)
"How did you get that?" I
asked, because we didn't give it to her. Apperantly her non-religious boyfriend
bought it for her, and when we asked if we could teach her more about that book
she said yes, and I think she is really excited to see us this week.
I had my first baptism this week as
Hester was baptized! It was the greatest! The spirit was definitely there and
she was so happy! When I asked Hester how she felt afterwords she said:
"The darkness is gone... I feel like sunshine." I love it! My
favorite part of the baptism was right after she came out of the water. The
first thing she did was hug Elder Mohlman. At first his face was horrified, and
then when he realized he couldn't escape he just went in for it and smiled. :D
SO CUTE!
Then today, as Sister Wu and I went
to Polo Park to get lunch, the person I ordered from says "Hi, Sister
Hill".
"Hi," I said. "Are
you a member?"
"Yeah. Are you a YSA
sister?"
"Yeah..." Turns out she is
less active because she works on Sundays, but she just gave us her phone number
on a sticky note without us even asking and said "Text me." Sure
thing!
P-Day is the greatest. Today we
played dodgeball with the sisters and elders in our zone. It was so much
fun...probably because Sister Wu and I planned it ;)
Man, I learn so much from every
person that I meet. I am glad my purpose is to INVITE others to come unto
Christ... People can say no, or ignore us, or do a variety of other things, but
I love just talking to people and getting to know what they think, and then
have them realize I'm not pushing anything on them I'm just inviting. They can
do what they will, but we're giving them a chance to change if they want to.
My favorite two scriptures of the
week are:
1. Alma 30:44. This week I was asked
to speak at the Canada Winnipeg Mission fireside for two minutes about how I
know God lives. I used the last half of this scripture as the basis for my
remarks. I know God lives because I've experienced nature. I know God lives
because I've studied the beauty and amazingness of the human body. But I know
God lives more than anything by feeling the spirits of other human beings.
Everyone, whether they can talk or not, is a testimony to me that God lives.
2. Alma 32:27. Gaining a testimony
of anything begins with a desire to know and a soft heart to be willing to let
that testimony grow.
I love you all, and I hope you smile
this week!
Sister Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment