Well, my second P-day has come yet again. This week has been
a harder one as I become more and more self-concious of what people think about
me. A lady didn't even take the time to swallow the bread in her mouth as she
showered Sis Wu and I with reasons that everyone with a religion is going to be
punished and end in Hell. (She showered us with moist bread crumbs that spewed
from her mouth too. MMMM...). I also met my first crazy for the first time. He
seemed so excited to see us and asked us to sit outside a bar with him while he
smoked (I don't know why on earth we consented)... He went on to tell us he had
had three baptismal dates but they all fell through and now he is apart of
wicca. He definitely didn't have a belief in Jesus but called him a great white
wizard. When I tried to explain that Jesus Himself claimed He was the savior of
the world and so either He was, or He was a crazy man, he immediately changed
the subject to my shoes and told Sister Wu and I that we should wear our hair
down. (Shudder... Don't even look at us that way man.) Weirdest 40 minutes
ever.
Other than that and other weird street contacting
experiences, Sister Wu and I have been giving a Mandarin speaking family to
teach! Sister Wu and Sister Hull (who found them) taught them their first
lesson while sister Pelletier and I tracted (my first time)... After debating
it they decided that Sis Wu and I should just take it, since I can at least
pretend I speak Mandarin (and understand a great deal more than Sis Hull). We
(and when I say me I mean Sis Wu while I nod knowingly) will be teaching the
Plan of Salvation on Tuesday.
Hester passed her baptismal interview with flying colors and
will be getting baptized on Saturday! I am so happy for her. She has such a
light.
Sis Rush, Crawford, Wu and I ate at Sister Ottewell's this
week. It was SO funny, because Sis Ottewell was running Sister Rush around like
a slave but she was in love with me. "Sister Hill, do you want more food
dear?" "Sister Hill, do you want to take some chilly home? And why
don't you take all of these vegetables too." In the mean time Sister Rush
is being asked to put away all the chairs and getting attacked by Sis
Ottewell's crazy cat Dutchess.... It's kind of sad... but also HILARIOUS.
I am learning a lot about faith this week. I seem not to have very much of it at all at
times, but I just wanted to share the following thoughts with you. Sister Christensen, my hallmate, has been
learning that faith is finding your deepest desires, turning them all over to
God, and then acting as much as you can to meet those desires. I would say that my mission is an act of
faith. I am an inadequate tool for sure,
but as I try my hardest, I hope I see the blessings of that faith.... even if I
don't see them for a while. "Pray like it all depends on God. Live like it all depends on you." Sister
Christensen
Funny Moment of the Week:
Sister Hill teaches English Class to this funny old Chinese
couple.
Sis Hill: "Thank"
Woman: "Thank"
Man: "Sank"
Sis Hill: "TTTHHHHank"
Woman: Thank
Man: Tsank
Woman hits him in the arm and starts yelling at him to say
"THHHH" instead of "TSSS"
"Th" bu (not) "TSS"!!!
TTTHHHanks for your love!
No comments:
Post a Comment