This week was the week I realized that the Canadian ghetto accent could also come in the super fast variety.... It's still like a low Valley Girl accent, but you replace all of the "likes" in Valley Girl with "Riiight???"
On a better note: BROOKLYN IS GETTING BAPTIZED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I cannot tell you how incredible the lesson that led to her to accept the baptismal invitation was but let me just say: 1. The spirit will lead you if you just let it speak through you. You might not know why your asking the question you're asking in the moment, but the Lord will lead you in the right path. 2. The power of the atonement is so incredible and so real. Pains and mistakes can be taken away and holes in our hearts can be made whole as we rely on the Savior and choose to follow him first in our hearts, and secondly through sacred ordinances such as baptism and the sacrament. Amazing. And the fact that a free gift on top of that is the gift of the Holy Ghost to guide us through our lives. It seems like a pretty good deal.
It turns out Brooklyn's father had recieved the Book of Mormon and restoration stuff from an old man with crazy white hair, perfectly straight, white, real teeth, and striking blue eyes. Apparently having him talk is like being wrapped in a lullaby. When he says he'll take five minutes you want him to take ten, and when he reads scriptures it's like heavens speaking straight to you. Sister Wu and I are pretty sure he's one of the three Nephites.... but really. They haven't seen him in a while, and don't know his name. It's amazing to me, when God wants someone to recieve the gospel, and knows it's the right time, He makes it happen. This family was SO prepared and I am so glad that I can just be here to be watch the process unfold.
And lastly, when she came to church on Sunday the talks were all so good and about coming unto Christ, the people were nice, and she felt so good and so welcomed. A miracle. Please. Please, please, please reach out to the people that are new in your wards back home and embrace them so they feel the warmth of the gospel not only from the missionaries but from you as well! It is SO vital!
This week I learned a lot about faith. We need three things in order to have true faith in Jesus Christ. 1. We need to believe that He is. 2. We need to have a knowledge of who He is. 3. We need to act on that knowledge by following Him and trying to do His will. This makes sense because if we have true faith in the knowledge of His perfect nature, we will trust in Him enough to follow Him. I don't know everything, but He does because through the atonement He's been there. Something else I learned is that humility preceeds faith and faith preceeds hope, so if you want hope, be humble enough to have faith in Christ!
So that was my week. Tender moments right? (Sister Wu is OBSESSED with saying "Awe... So tender!" Oh my goodness. We came up with catch phrases/motions for a lot of the people we associate with. That one is definitely hers along with waving her arms really fast.)
Funny Moment of the Week:
Today we played sand volleyball for P-Day activity and lets just say I am less-than-coordinated at that game.... At one point it was heading straight for me and I guess my soccer skills kicked in because the next thing I know I just embraced it with a chest bump and the ball went flying. Everyone started laughing at me, but hey, that's what you get for sending a ball soaring towards my face.
PS. I LOVE YOU! Sister Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment