Wednesday, September 4, 2013

Love is always in season


How do I even write? There is far too much too say and far too little time. I feel like things are starting to go faster and faster and that this is my life. It's probably because things are getting busier and busier because of the miracles! But really. Sister Wu and I had to force ourselves to take an hour lunch break rather than keep going to drop off things and visit people... There is always something we can be doing.

We met Vanessa one day as we drew the Plan of Salvation with sidewalk chalk. When we went to meet her the next day, we couldn't find her house anywhere. After ten minutes of searching we saw Vanessa walking on the side of the street. It turns out we wrote down her address wrong, but it was a blessing because we would have missed her by ten minutes if we had written it down right.

We met Carla one day as we got lunched by an appointment (lunched is the CWM term for ignored, shafted, you name it). So we decided to street contact in the streets nearby. We were approached some people about to cross the street, but Sis Wu decided to hand them a pass-along card anyways. To our surprise she says to us: "Hey, I've been trying to get back into church and stuff. My parents used to take me to the Anglican Church. Is there anyway I could meet with you some time?" Um... YES! "Can you come by tomorrow?" Um... YES! We met with her once, gave her a Bible and a Book of Mormon, but she is SO busy, so it's hard to meet. She is constantly going to the doctor because they think she might have cancer... :( However when we did meet with her she told us that the day before she met us she prayed that God would send her someone... Well, we're probably not the only good thing God has sent her way, but I like to think that maybe we are two of those people God sent to her.

Brooklyn however is probably our craziest story yet. We've only taught her once so far. The day we came over, she forgot we were going to meet, but she was so happy to meet with us because she got fired earlier that day and she needed something to get her mind off of the situation. As we taught her, she completely absorbed everything. The spirit was definitely present as we read Alma 7:11-13. We just paused for a good thirty-seconds as she poured over the scripture and she looked up and said, "This makes so much sense! I finally get how that works." Two seconds later her dad walks in. In our minds we're all "Oh No." But he comes in and he's happy we're there. When he founds out we're Mormons however he says "Oh... I know how I'm going to be saved." This time we think, "OH NO!" But then he goes to his shelf and pulls out a restoration pamphlet, a restoration DVD and a Book of Mormon. Say what?

"How did you get those?" we ask.

"They were in my mailbox about four weeks ago... Did you leave them?"

"No.... We don't do that and we barely met Brooklyn. Do you know any Mormons?"

"No...." What the? He continues on, "But I don't know why people say Mormons are wierd. I've read from the Book of Mormon, and there's nothing but good things in this book." *0*

"Yeah, good vibes," Brooklyn chimes in.

So... that was crazy. But we have yet to come back because our member present told her that she didn't have to set up a return appointment up with us right then but that she could text us to plan a time later. We've tried setting stuff up since but has it happened? No :"(

NEVER, and I mean NEVER, try to go on splits with the missionaries and then try to tell the investegator how to schedule another lesson. Leave it to the missionaries!!!!!! They know what's up.

Top Lessons I've learned this week:

~Sometimes you just need to shut up and let the spirit speak, or your companion speak.

~Alma 7:11-13 is the bomb.com. It seriously comes up in almost every lesson, even unplanned.

~The best motive we can ever have is LOVE. When we love others, they can feel it and will desire to change. LOVE was the only motive as the Savior performed the atonement. Nothing else would have been good enough. Love should be our only motive as we serve others and live our lives. Fill your heart with love!

LOVE you!

 

PS Check last week's post for baptism pics.  I ran out of time last time!

No comments:

Post a Comment