Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Freak out week

This week has been a stress case.  Everyone's stomachs are in knots and no one can get rid of it.  Seriously, my district leader called us to ask if we felt weird because everyone else in the district had a knot in their stomach.  He thought it was weird... and then I informed him it was TRANSFER WEEK next week, and everyone was freaking out.  But really, everyone!  This is going to be a HUGE change in the mission.  Only 11 out of about 70 companionships are staying the same.
 
Where am I going? I'm opening an area for sisters in the middle of nowhere... Moose Jaw, SK, here I come!  Who's my companion?  Sister Rush.  She only has two transfers left, and as such I'll probably kill her... (That just means I'll be her last companion before her mission life ends... Don't worry.)
 
I'm already in love with Moose Jaw, and I've decided I'm going to love Sister Rush.  Sometimes she gets a lot of gruff because she's really intense, but I've already decided that I'm going to love her so that's that.  We'll be intense together and show Moose Jaw who's boss.
 
The weird thing is how many people called it.  Elder Hatch, my district leader, told me he would be mad if I didn't go there and open it, which is a huge compliment considering that's where he served for the summer before coming to the city and he loved it.  He's served in several areas, but that's the area he calls home.  When I told him he guessed right, I asked why he chose me for Moose Jaw and he said "You'll just fit."  Ok...
Elder Rivera guessed it too.  Even freakier, he guessed my companion.  I thought he was joking... and I think he was kind of joking too, but here we are.  How in the world?
 
My lesson of the week came when I went on exchanges... or rather when I came back and talked with the APs Lyons and Briscoe about my exchange.  It was the weirdest day of my mission for sure.  I went to the London area, but we had to go to the Gateway sister's place to shower.  After we had gotten ready, I was told that I would go on ... And then the sister from London and a sister from Gateway sat on the couch all day while I was in a tri-pan with the other gateway sisters but we took the London appointments.  Sound weird????? That's because it was.  Sound against the rules?  That's because it was....  The north zone is a weird, weird apostate world...
Anyways... lets just say, I talked with the assistants afterwards and they helped me realize that even if someone else is supposed to be the leader, I can stand up and do what's right.  If something seems weird, that's probably because it is weird and I should stand up and say something.  I also learned that before you ask someone if something is right, ask yourself.  Your conscious, when pure, will tell you the truth!  So apply it.  If someone asks you to do something and it seems odd, ask yourself, and then stand up for what's right! Be courageous!
 
Sweetest moments of the week:
A ward member gave a talk this week and shared how much Sister Wu and I had helped her realized she had a testimony. :) :) :)
Also, an investigator texted us randomly and told us we helped her to have faith and thanked us.  Yes!!!!!!!
 
My computer is deciding it wants to give me 15 less minutes this week so I have to go!!! :(
 
Much love,
 
Sister Hill
 
 
PS. Sister Wu is staying YSA and training

No comments:

Post a Comment