This week has felt like eight years and a half between going to Saskatoon and back. That's right. This chica and her STL companiero went on a 2 and 1/2 hour drive adventure to Toon-town from Tuesday night to Friday morning.
First were exchanges with the Wanaskewin Sisters. I was with Sister Harrison. Man I love that girl. She helps me to see the real me and who I am... I think the weirdest part when at one point she took the initiative to call me Heidi. Can I just say it felt really weird to have someone call me by my first name. Very. Weird. But so freeing. Sometimes I feel like there are two separate people. Missionary me and Heidi me. Well I have made an executive decision about my life: I will be one person from now on. I don't want to be having split-personality disorder anymore. I am just going to be Heidi, who happens to be on a mission.I've also made another executive decision. I am going to love myself more. Sometimes I feel like my Charity is not truly charity but love in a pie chart. In order for charity to be charity it needs to be the pure love of Christ. PURE. It needs to be whole, and without adulterants, not mixed, having a uniform composition (Yes that's from the dictionary). But sometimes, we possess pie-chart charity instead where we love all a person, except we cut out that slice of the pie where the faults come in. The faults of others take apart from the whole pie, and we can't truly and adequately love others. Instead, we need to see, accept those faults and love the person. Maybe we can make those faults the icing or the ice cream on the side or something, but we need to separate the faults out of our love and just love a person wholly. Generally, at this point in my life I want to say I'm pretty good at having a whole pie of charity for others, but sometimes I have a hard time having a whole pie of charity for myself. But you know what, the Lord has a whole pie of charity for me. In fact, Jesus Christ and my father's charity extends beyond this whole universe, it is that whole and complete. I have faults. I am weak. I of myself can do nothing, but Heavenly Father still loved me enough to send His Only Begotten Son, and Jesus Christ loved me enough to atone for my sins, so I better start loving myself. Anything else is called being prideful and making a mockery of one of the most beautiful creatures Heavenly Father ever created.
The next exchange was with Sister Pelettier. Can I just say that God gives miracles on exchanges. At the end of a very long and tiring day, Sister Pelettier said an extra prayer, deciding to exert the rest of our efforts to the Lord. We had one more less active lesson and we brought fellowship, thinking it would just be a single man. To our surprise, not only was the man there, but so was his wife and baby where we taught a very spiritual restoration lesson. So good. (All in all between the two exchanges, Sister Rush and I were able to witness the Saskatoon sisters get 4 new investigators in two days! That's three for Wanaskewin, which is amazing since before this their zone was zeroes for three weeks!)
As for my own area.... PEOPLE TELL ME EVERYTHING..... Like their deepest darkest sins and misgivings when I don't ask them to. I guess that's part of being a missionary? People realize that they can tell you things and you won't judge them or think less of them for it. But it sure is surprising.... I just want to say for the people out there who do have deep dark secrets: IT IS OK. THERE IS THE ATONEMENT. GOD LOVES YOU. GIVE YOURSELF A WHOLE PIE CHART OF CHARITY AND LOVE YOURSELF BECAUSE GOD LOVES AND WILL FORGIVE. I KNOW He will. I have seen the atonement bless my own life and the lives of others and He still loves and wants to help you. It is so sad when people tell me about burdens they have been holding onto for years and they can't just let themselves be forgiven. Be comforted. Be loved.
Also... now that the world knows my name is Heidi again, I asked Elder Frenkel, who is from Frankfurt (Dad... sound familiar?), if my name was an old person name. Answer: Yes, he gave me the confirmation that my name was indeed an old person's name back in the Fatherland. Yes....*Pulls back arm with fist clenched in a symbol of dorky excitement*
No comments:
Post a Comment