Yesterday was another one of those moments when
people say nice things across the pulpit that makes me think, "Oh... I
AM loved." One of the Moose Jaw Young Women is 17 and super sarcastic.
She says rude things to Sister Rush and I all the time. I don't think
they are meant to be as rude as they sound... but yeah. Let's just say I
thought everyone in my ward liked me to some extent except her. But
yesterday in her talk she mentioned how all of us were like family, even
the missionaries. She went on to say that she was a little leary when
she heard Sisters were coming because she's never had a sister (like
real life sister), and that it was really weird when we came to her
house for the first time and we hugged her, but she's discovered having
sisters isn't so bad after all and that she looks up to us. Awe!!!!!
That's what makes Moose Jaw so great. It really is
like family here. Between Brother Kronebush poking you in the side and
Brother Johnstone sticking your face in the drinking fountain it's
pretty much the best. Or brother Johnstone and sister Larson (who are
both grown adults mind you) poking each other and throwing candies at
each other in the middle of ward coorelation to the point where our ward
mission leader (the most excellent Brother Bachiu) has to put them at
separate corners of the table. I don't know any other wards I've been
in where parents pick up other parents' teenage kids and throw them over
their shoulders. Maybe that's why we love each other so much. This
ward is like one big party of constant harassment. :) LOVE IT.
As for the miracles this week, another one of our
great miracles is due to our ward members. We had our Ward Christmas
party and whewy.... I ran around that gym like a mad-woman talking with
everyone while Sister Rush entertained Jesse by playing chess...
Finally the last set of people that I talked with (there were a TON of
people there) was a family that the Lowry's brought. The conversation
was going really well and I asked them for a referral of who they knew I
could share a message about Christ with and he said, "Honestly, we
would." YES!!!!! Just goes to show that when you talk with everyone,
pray like crazy, and work to see those miracles they come. Faith. In.
Action. Boom. We have been praying to teach a family for forever and
we are meeting with them on Wednesday!
We are also still having great spiritual experiences
with Jesse. Every time we go over, the spirit is SO strong. We were a
little unsure whether he was a real investigator or if he was just in
it for the social experience, but when we went in we were very upfront
and just talked about baptism and what he thought about it. I think the
reason we can be so upfront is because we are friends. Something I am
truly learning on my mission from both experiences with investigators,
members and missionaries is that if you want people to trust you, they
need to know that you love them. I think after my mission I will be so
much better at showing love than I was before. I used to be afraid of
showing my vulnerability because I needed to know that people loved me
back. People can be so harsh and my heart has had a lot of hurt
throughout life... but honestly, everyone needs love and wants love so
just share it with the world and don't be afraid! True charity and true
love is caring about people no matter what they think about you.
So that's my week! Lots of good stuff.. And I was
in my area for the whole week which was amazing! Plus we got transfer
calls... it's official I'm staying here and killing off the Rush! (As
of Friday
we will be the STLs over the whole mission until President gets
inspiration on who the new ones will be... so that's not
intimidating... at all...)
In the mean time,
Much love from Sister Heidi Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment