Wednesday, December 18, 2013

So this one time... on my mission... I turned into a Werewolf

Ok... SO I didn't turn into a werewolf... But I DID get BIT BY A DOG!!!!!!!  On Friday the 13th none-the-less....  I may have a hunkering for meat a little more, and foamy drool is starting to escape from my lips....
Ok.  NO really I don't have rabies, the dog got it's shots, and I am just fine. I called the health clinic and they gave me advice on what to do.  I will just have a scar or two.

Here are the details:  We were going to wrap Christmas presents on our dinner hour for an investigator's cousin and Sister Rush walks in the door with her lion-mane hood.  Unfortunately, we didn't get the text until after the fact that the dog really doesn't like hoods.  Anywho we walk in and the adults are yelling "Take off your hood!!!!!"  So she does, then walks out of the entryway so I can enter and the next thing I know this dog is running for me (A boxer about mid-thigh height).  I put out my hand to stop it or something of the like and the next thing I know its teeth have sunk into my right hand and Kia is ripping him off of me.  I'm proud to say that I didn't cry.  In fact, the first thing I did was turn to Sister Rush and say "...It... bit me!"  And then I started staring into their front entryway mirror and gave myself a pep-talk in my head while the pain and shock set in...  Wow..  Then they bandaged me up and I began to wrap presents... It bruised and swelled for a while as well as bled but I am just fine now... only scabs and a tender hand.

So there you go.  All of those missionary horror stories about dogs have legitimacy to them.  I am also proud to say that I am not afraid of dogs any more than I was before.  Maybe that one... but all dogs that haven't bit me are still good in my book.

I can also say I am not mad at Sister Rush, Kia, Felicia, or the dog...  It just happened and that is that.

Speaking of not getting mad at Sister Rush we are getting along much better now.  Not that we weren't getting along before but we have developed a level of friendship and trust that is very good.  Yes, I would truly consider her my friend.

Also speaking of friends... The 17 year old girl I told you about in my last email hugged me yesterday!!!!!  That might not seem like a big deal to you, but trust me, it is a big deal!  It just goes to show everyone appreciates feeling loved even if they might not seem to want it at first...

Things are definitely picking up in my little peice of the vinyard... Sister Rush and I are being blessed with new investigators like crazy.  Last week we were finally able to teach Lori, a potential we met in our first week in Moose Jaw who we haven't been able to get a hold of because she's so busy, but we taught her on Tuesday and she felt the spirit.  We are going back tomorrow.  We are still teaching Jesse, the family Felicia and Leonard, and Maria.  Jesse is probably closest to baptism.  We haven't been able to teach the family I found at the Ward Christmas party yet but we are planning on teaching them on Friday.  Also, Sister William's friend Sandy is has become interested in learning (she's come to church a couple of times) and now she is going to take lessons!!!!  SO GOOD!  We teach her tomorrow...

So yeah... A lot of good is happening here.  It's crazy.  It's amazing to see what can happen when you're actually in your area for a whole week.

Funny Moment of the Week:
Sister Rush and I are shopping at the grocery store.
She reads a text as I push the cart.
Sister Rush: Brother Bachiu (our ward mission leader) asked how you hand is doing.
Me: That's so sweet of him... Why don't you tell him...
Sister Rush, seeing an item we need yells: Toilet Paper!
Me: Sure... that should work.

One last thing, we as a mission are doing a ten day study, leading up to Christmas, studying the Doctrine of Christ.  I invite you to join us and see what good comes into your heart these next ten days. :)
Much Love! Keep doing what's right and spreading the love.
Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment