Monday, January 6, 2014

Best Friends

Thanks dear family for the Christmas Packages.  They arrived on time and I received them at Christmas Zone conference.  I'm pretty sure the best part about cross-country Christmas packages are that you can tell what's in them before you even open them.  (Yes I peeked.  I wanted to make sure not to buy things at the store if I was going to get them from you.)  But hey, I still don't know what the music is!  OR what the calendar looks like.  Although it's probably nature themed knowing me.

It's finally hit me.  I need space.  Sticking someone with another human being 24/7 for 18 months at a time is not healthy.  Give me some space to breathe please.  Other people may recharge by being with other people, but Sister Hill definitely needs her alone time and I feel like I never get it... Especially because Sister Rush never stops.....  Be still people...  Exchanges start again this week though, so that should be good.

As far as my hand goes it is healing very well.  The scratches are fading.

This week has been full of miracles!!!! Three new investigators: That's my record!  All of them are referrals: two from members, one from Jesse.  Oh man.  Speaking of Jesse, we have been talking a lot about baptism and he is so close to making the jump.  He's super nervous about his family though.  Apparently he told them he was meeting with us and his parents started yelling and fighting and he had to leave the house.  We found all this out last week at Sushi.  Yep, we love Jesse so much we hang out with him for hot chocolate or sushi (we're even going to hang out with him after this even though it's our P-day).  I know that Sister Rush and I were meant to find him.  God sent us to each other.  In our lesson on Tuesday, he was expressing that he wasn't sure if he was going to make the step of baptism.  After he expressed this, the spirit told me very strongly that I needed to tell him how much I cared for him.  I told him very powerfully that I love him.  I know I have been given the gift of pure-Christlike love for Jesse and it is very powerful.  The next day at Sushi he told me how much that had meant to him and said, "You know if you two weren't missionaries you would be my best friends."  And sister Rush and I just laughed because the other day we were saying how Jesse is our best friend, so I told him that and said, "Jesse, we are your best friends."  Seriously though, we love him so much!

Speaking of Friends I'm forcing Elder Turner to be my friend ... I've realized I pretty much feel totally comfortable with and talk to everyone in my district except him and it needs to change... Poor Elder Turner.  The other day I texted him and said, "Elder Turner, can we be friends?"  I'm pretty sure he's super confused and yesterday at the ward potluck I basically forced him to tell me facts about his life... maybe this isn't a good way to start a friendship, but I don't know what else to do... He only talks about missionary work!

I don't know how but I've already run out of time.... Probably responding to the 8 million emails I got this week... (Ok not really but there were a lot!)

I love you all so much.  I know I'm in the best 18 months in my life (still feeling a little jipped I don't get two years but whatever).

Merry CHRISTmas!

Love, Heidi, Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment