I guess first things first, Christmas was great! We
spent Christmas Eve with the Wolfs, slept over at Talita's (the YSA rep
in our ward) and then went to the Koehllers in the morning for
Christmas. They bought everyone in our district a different onesie,
because they always wear onesies in their house! I made the Elders a
comic strip of our district as Cats. Elder Turner got me a little dog
ornament because I'm a werewolf and she can howl at the moon with me,
and then Elder Richins got me a hat because I had asked the district to
get me one, but it happened to be a Molson Canadian hat. When I showed
Sister Rush and Elder Turner and we started laughing, Elder Richins
said, "What's so funny?" and I told him that Molson was a beer company.
I guess it's appropriate, since Elder Richins has the nickname of
Moonshine anyways. That afternoon we got to go to the Larsons where we
watched Puss in Boots, had a delicious Christmas dinner, and opened
Christmas crackers which I had never done before. Super fun.
This week we went on Exchanges with Lewvan. I went
with Sister Ashton-Korn (or Acorn) and Sister Rush went with Sister
Elkins. Sister Ashton-Korn just came out and she is super fun! I'm
pretty sure we should be bungie-jumping friends after the mission.
After exchanges on Saturday I was starting to get a
little stressed. First, Sister Rush was a little upset about the
exchange and so she was complaining to me in the car. Then, when we got
into Moose Jaw I hurried and made it to the church where we taught
Jesse, but Talita was late so he couldn't come in the church so that was
stressful. And then, during the lesson, I got snappy at Jared (who has
asked us to call him Brother Bachiu but because everyone else calls him
Jared and he is YSA aged I always forget), and I interrupted and talked
over him, and then Sister Rush gave me this look like "Why are you
doing that?" and I was so tired and stressed and overwhelmed. (Back
story to all this, Jared Bachiu just got off his mission in Guatamala
and has told the Elders horror stories about the Sisters in his mission
giving Sisters a bad wrap, so I'm pretty sure he just hates sister
missionaries right? And then I go and trip in the lesson and probably
make him all upset at me). So after feeling totally angry at both him,
and Sister Rush and me for embarrassing myself I apologized to him.
Problem: My apology face looks like an I'm-so-mad-I-could-kill-you
face, when the truth is, I'm mostly just mad at myself. So Jared
accepted my apology. Luckily it was Sports Night right after that
because I just took that volleyball and started serving until everyone
got there, smacking the ball as hard as I could. Then at one point I
called him Jared again (he was at sport's night) and gave him another
crusty-filled apology for calling him Jared instead of Brother Bachiu.
That night I went home laughing, because I was
pretty sure Jared Bachiu thought I hated him and I told Sister Rush as
much. She just told me that "Honestly, he probably doesn't care", but I
was right. Last night his sister told us that he thought was hated
him. Ha! Oh man... I really need to work on my apology face...
But the stress didn't stop on Saturday. It extended
into my Sunday. Like I even did the classic
go-into-the-bathroom-to-escape your companion for 15 minutes. Mostly
because Sister Rush never stops doing stuff! And it stresses me out...
So bad in fact that during companionship inventory I legitimately told
Sister Rush I wanted to punch her. BUT REALLY. I know what you're
thinking, and the answer is NO, I haven't punched her.. Yet. Just
Kidding. Things are better now that she knows how stressed I am and I
think we're going to tone down on the ridiculous amount of unnecessary
things that get tacked on our To-Do list. OR at least it seems as much.
Anyways, Thanks so much for the CD's and the Christmas packages! I love them! but I love you even more!
Yours Always!
No comments:
Post a Comment