Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Life, Death, and everything else.

For starters... Sorry my last email was super dramatic... Sometimes I wish I had more time to edit rather than try and scramble out words to describe my thoughts.  Especially when I'm very down.

This week has been focused a lot on death of all kinds, but I'll focus on the life part first.
This weekend, Sandi Richardson stepped into the waters of baptism and then was confirmed a member of the Church the next day.  She has been reborn and restarted life.  I am so proud of her.  Really all Sister Rush and I did was teach, everything else was her, and the wonderful Williams for letting us teach so often in their home. She is so beautiful, and being at her baptism and confirmation just feels good.  It just feels so right.

Next for the life side of things, I am going to be serving with Sister Fellows!  She is coming to Moose Jaw where we will both serve as the STLs, but just for the Saskatchewan side of things, which is really good. She was in the MTC with me and she is from West Valley!  We're basically already BFFs so it's great.  (Also, on a random note, Sister Wu is opening Kenora for sisters!  The first set of sisters in the Ontario part of the mission for years!)

Wow... I swear everything is combining against me so I can't email this week.  I had to restart the computer because it froze and now my contact just came out so I am writing this with one good eye... Ha. Oh boy.

Anyways, that brings me to death.  This is the week that Sister Rush goes home.  I know that things have been stressful often, but I know that I have learned so much from her and so much about being Christlike from being with her.  I know she was supposed to serve with me and that she was meant to change me and the way I do missionary work, not only for me but for the Sisters I serve.

Something else I realized this week was that I am probably going to go through another identity crisis the first two weeks of being with Sister Fellows.  I realized one of the reasons I had such an identity crisis was because Sister Rush was SOOOO different from Sister Wu, and I had to learn how to make a functioning companionship, and thus I had to adapt who I was and how I acted.  Now that sister Rush is leaving, I will have to step-up in being the only one who knows the area for a little bit.  But I know Sister Fellows will catch on quickly and we will have so much fun:)

This week I went on two exchanges in Saskatoon.  One with Sister Davis and one with Sister McCrea (my MTC companion).  Nothing much to say except it was good to see all my old friends from Winnipeg who are now serving in S'toon and I got to do some family history during the exchange, so now the stories that Dad sent me are all coming together in my brain.

And last but not least, this morning for P-day activity our district toured the Thunder Creek Pork Plant.  To quote Elder Richins " We're going to interrupt your study session to watch pigs die... It'll be great."  I got to hold a pig kidney and a stomach, so it was pretty neat.  It was actually kind of sad though.  Speaking of death, I witnessed thousands of dead pigs and watched a couple of pigs die. :(  The saddest part was actually seeing the live pigs themselves.  And it REEKED.  Brother Kronebusch calls it the smell of money...

Well on that lovely note, I am off.  How is the Book of Mormon reading going? Did anyone take me up on my challenge?

Love you, Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment