Tuesday, January 7, 2014

STL is secretly code for HOBO

I am SOOOOOOOOOOOOO TIRED!  Sister Rush literally just poked me, tickled me, hugged me, and then pulled me out of bed and dumped me on the floor so I would get up to come email.  Dearest family... I love you.  BUT I AM DEAD.  Plus I was having the best dream.  Sister Wu and I were companions again and she and I were in the car driving in the WyView parking lot at BYU and I was about to show her my old dorm room... Good times.  But no.

BUT... I did get to talk with her on the phone for almost an hour yesterday-- IT WAS AMAZING!  I love her so much!  She and Sister Moody went on forever about the good things happening in our lives and Winnipeg YSA drama and all that jazz.  SO GREAT.  Made my life.  OR the rest of my transfer.  It will be a sad day when I can't talk to her on the phone anymore.


This week flew by.  FLEW.  We went on double exchanges and then had MLC in Saskatoon in the middle of all this.  Between the 1100 kilometers we drove and the four days out of our area, I'm a little wiped.  It didn't help that as soon as we got back we were running to appointments with our investigators like crazy.  The first exchange was with Sister Haner and Hancey in Prince Albert and Birch Hill (The farthest North I have ever been!)  Then we stayed with Sister Davis and Harrison before MLC in Saskatoon where I got woken up in the middle of the night by a Russian man yelling by the wall next to me.  I thought there was someone outside the door harassing us.  SOOOO SCARY, but apparently that happens every night.  Then we went on exchanges with Wildwood (Sister Lane and Sister Smith).  Their apartment is crazy too.  They have a lamp that drips black liquid onto the floor of their kitchen, so they say it's aliev and the third member of a tri-pan with them... Oh the liquid in the light...


When we got back Saturday night, the elders told us church was cancelled (for the first time in 10ish years because it was -50 with windchill.... yep.  Our windows have ice attached to them ON THE INSIDE of our house.) and yet Sister Rush and I still didn't have time to weekly plan or do anything else because we're crazy busy.  Like I didn't get dinner until nine PM last night busy, between appointments, phone calls with sisters and other STL duties, we we booked solid.  And then after dinner and planning we made three more STL phone calls.  Ridiculous.


So that's it.  I'm busy. And really tired.  And because of all of these exchanges my emails to president are so much longer which cuts down on my email time with you. :(  SO SORRY.  (Said in a Canadian accent... I think it's finally catching on to me... NOOOOO!!!!!)


Funny Moments of the Week:
#1. Went tracting with Sister Smith because she wanted more experience. We went to knock on the door of this great old man and her skirt caught on this 
 2-ft high spiked pole.  She tripped in a snow bank and then her feet were dangling in the air because the pole was still sticking through her skirt.  I feel really bad because I didn't even help her.  I just keeled over laughing my head off!  SO hilarious.

#2. Last night Elder Richins made Sister Rush a CD.  I'm not for burning music, but it's her CD so we listened to it this morning.  All Of Me by John Schmidt came on so I started interpretive dancing to it while Sister Rush wasn't looking.  It was getting dramatic so I went to do a tor-ju-tay (look up spelling), and slipped, almost ran into the wall and thudded on by behind and eventually landed on my back.  Yeah.  Sister Rush definitely noticed.  I laughed for forever.  The best.


Love you lots!  Stay warm, cause someone has to. :)
Sister Heidi Hanna Hoozie Heimlich-manuverer Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment