Tuesday, April 1, 2014

Genuine

Good things are happening.  The Lord is so amazing.  Sister Hancey is a great companion and missions are so hard no matter what, but things are going well.

We met an incredible kingdom-builder family last week.  We met them last week, but we started teaching them this week, and we have a Family Home Evening on Faith with them tonight.  They are looking for a church that is centered on families... Well what do you know.  I can certainly help with that. :)  They are so great and the spirit is already in their home.  I am so excited!

We also had a super miracle on Saturday when we were doing formers.  That morning I had prayed that I would be a tool in the Lords hand to bless who he needed me to bless that day.  As we were in the car about to turn right, I saw a man walking down the street ahead.  I asked Sister Hancey, "Should we go talk to that guy?"  She said, "sure".  So I asked him if he knew anyone we could give service to, he asked us if we were Christian, we agreed and he told us to visit his aunt.  And I felt as soon as he gave us the referral that we should see his aunt right then.  So instead of finishing our route, we went and found Agnes.  She answered the door in tears.  She was so tired and frustrated from walking around all day, serving her husband with dementia.  While we were there we could hear him in the background yelling for her.  "Agnes!!!! Agnes I need you!" 
So we sang to her, "Where Can I turn for Peace?, hugged her, testified of God's love and set up a return appointment for Tuesday.  It was amazing to be right where God needed me, right when he needed me there.

But it gets even better.  Later that night at the end of our dinner appointment, we got a call from a man.  He said he was Agnes' grandson Devo that had met with the missionaries years ago, and he wanted to bring him and his girlfriend to meet with us too.  Amazing.  :)

Now I don't always go talking to everyone that I see on the street, because then I'd never get anything done, but I do know that the Lord does give us promptings, and they may be quiet and small, but they are there and we need to listen.

Later that night, Sister Hancey and I had a wonderful member-present lesson with Brent and he accepted the invitation to be baptized.  He is working towards April 26th.  He has a lot of addictions he needs to overcome so please pray for him!  He is strong-willed, but it will still be hard I'm sure.

Even with all this though, I had a minor breakdown yesterday.  Sometimes, even though things are going right, it is just really hard.  I am SO tired, and I just want down time and I miss my family and friends.  I know it is beyond ridiculous, but I called Sister Wu and just cried.  I miss hugging my family and friends.  (Honestly I don't know how Elders go through two years without hugging anyone).  I am so tired, but I know that all of this will be worth it.  I am still very happy for the positive lives I get to impact.

Thanks for everything.  Keep your head up!
 
Love, Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment