Miracles upon miracles this week. Both outward, and
inward.
For starters, Chaudrhy. What an amazing man. We
had met in a gas station forever ago. He came to church late, so we held
an impromptu gospel principles class on the Atonement, which quickly turned to
a lesson on the Book of Mormon and now he is a new investigator. Apparently the
night before he met us he had a dream that his old church was being bulldozed
and he wondered what that met so he was intrigued when he saw two Sisters that
he did not recognize. We gave him a pass-a-long card, and for weeks he has
tried coming to church, not being able to find it until this week. Next week he
will be going to Stake Conference with Brother Holmes. He is so prepared,
and is so willing to follow the Lord in all things!!! He is actually a convert
to Christianity from Islam.
He was the last of five new investigators this week.
Man, the Lord is good. One of the ladies who took a Book of Mormon
when we met with Theresa became a new investigator too.
As for the inner miracles, I can feel my heart changing and
expanding. I am beginning to let my heart open and love so much more!
I mostly have Sister Hancey to thank for this. I know I haven't
been an easy companion for her to have sometimes, I can be a pineapple.I put up
spikes and walls around my tender heart because of fear. Unfortunately
for Sister Hancey, she is allergic to pineapple. But literally.
Anyways, she has helped me so much, and
I literally feel like the past few months my heart has been
broken and cracked, but now the snow has melted and a plant of love is starting
to bloom from the crevices. It might not be perfect, but I am nourishing
it as I can. I LOVE my area, I LOVE my branch, I LOVE my companion.
Speaking of which, Sister Hancey is being transferred to
Brandon and I am staying in Selkirk to be joined by Sister Porter, who is
already in my district so this won't be much of a switch at all. She is
so cute:)
Also, I think exchanges on Thursday with Sister Wu helped.
Oh I love her. Hearing her speak is like hearing my mom speak.
It's weird. We were also able to meet a new investigator together.
Went to my fifth funeral of the mission today for a member's
dad. Her husband had the spiritual thought, and lets just say he taught
all of the Plan of Salvation correctly using the Bible. So great!
All in all life is good. Learning, growing, trying to
be my best.
Much Love,
Sister Heidi Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment