Anyways. This week has truly been a miracle. We were able to do
some visits in the North with Sister Hourie (one of them a first time
visit with her brother), and when we got back to our car, I went to grab
our phone and it was ringing. Turns out it was a former investigator
who was thinking about meeting with us again. It was so funny...
because I was really confused to who she was at first and then she said,
"So what do you want to talk about?"... Um, well lets start with Who
are you? Anyways, I got it sorted out and we met with her the next day.
When we went to meet with her, she just wanted to
meet outside on the benches by her apartment door, and it was insane.
Literally five different people (besides the former investigator,
Theresa) came and sat down to talk with us at different points in the
lesson, and three of the five requested copies of the Book of Mormon and
wanted to learn more. IT was INSANE. I've never had that happen
before, but then again you don't do too many outdoor appointments in
Canada. Anyways, hopefully we'll see some of them again when we come
back.
This week, six of our investigators came to
sacrament meeting. Five of the six were children mind you, but they
came. Hopefully the trend will keep it up. Please pray for the
children's mothers. We can only do so much as missionaries. The gospel
is best lived and taught in the home.
Lastly, a shout out to Senior Couples. One day, I
am going to marry a man like the Senior Elders in this mission. They
are all so good. Sister and Elder Langston and Elder Menlove helped us
move to a much nicer apartment that doesn't reek of pot this week.
Those good men took time out of their day to carry heavy boxes and
desks. They are all so loving. Elder and Sister Karen (from YSA) were
also in Selkirk last week and took Sister Hancey and I out to dinner.
They are SO sweet, and one day I'm going to be just like Sister Karren.
"I'm a fighter you know"-Sister Karren
Love,
Sister Heidi Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment