Tuesday, June 10, 2014

"That enough words?

Sister Porter is definitely one of the quietest people I know, if not the quietest.  But we're breaking her out of her shell... Don't worry.  In fact, I found out this week that her first companion made her use a certain number of words every time she talked so she would actually talk, so I started doing that too.  "That enough words?" she said with her eye-brow raised at the end of an answer to my question.  Yes little one.  (She is only one inch taller than Sister Wu.)

This week I got some one-on-one time with President and Sister Thomas as they came up to Selkirk for interviews and a chance to speak at our "Fireside Fireside" at the Holmes.  It was great.  I really respect them because they are so focused on Christ.  Sometimes I get concerned when we talk about numbers, but I realize now that his motives are about bringing people to Christ, and that is what makes all of the difference.

At the fireside, he talked about how each of us is a log.  When we are surrounded by other logs on fire, we quickly catch fire.  When we take our selves out, the fire quickly dissipates within us while it remains strong with the other logs.  Thus it goes with activity in the church.  And it's really not so much about being by the other logs as it is about the fire within.

Funny Moment of the week: Sister Hill is one the phone with Tyler Arc. following up on some member missionary work when the phone call gets interrupted.
H:Sorry Tyler, you're mom is calling, can I call you right back?
T:Sure.
So after the call she calls Tyler again.
H:Hi Tyler.
T(in a very deep voice): Hello?
H:Who is this?
T:This is Tyler.
H:No it's not.
T:Yes it is.
H:Ok, sure uh huh.  Who is this?
T: This is Tyler! (the deep voice replies)
H: Ok... Is this Josh???  Are you pulling a prank?
T: Who do you think you're calling??????
Sister Hill looks at the phone.
H: OH!!!!! I am so sorry Brother An...  I meant to call Tyler Arc...  I am so sorry!!!

So yeah... That was awkward.  Story of my life.  That's what happens when you have two Tyler A's in the branch.  I don't think I've ever seen Sister Porter laugh quite so much though, so that was good.  At least we're all still friends, even though I probably dishonored Brother A's honesty. Oops.

Love you all!
Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment