Tuesday, June 10, 2014

Winnipeg Craziness

This week has been super duper crazy.  I'm not writing until Wednesday this week because for some crazy reason the email system was down and we didn't have time to write again until today.  (We are SOOO busy!)

Part of the craziness has been the fact that I have been in and out of Winnipeg four times from Thursday to Tuesday alone.  It's half an hour to an hour away depending on where in the city you are driving, and we've made the trip a lot. The first time was for transfers, but on the way in we went and taught the Restoration lesson in the A&W to Chaundhry because he lives in the city.  He is so good.  He decided he would read the Book of Mormon to find out if it supports Christ or goes against Christ.  He is my latest miracle.  He loves the Lord so, so much and he is incredible.

I decided that the rate of growth in each plant is pretty much the same, but each fruit is at different stages in progression, so some you have to water and fertilize daily, and others you just pluck because that's where they are.  Chaundhry is just about ripe.  He is amazing.  His family is moving here from Toronto at the end of the month, and their moving to the south part of the city so when Chaundhry came to stake conference this week I introduced him to the elders in the area he is moving, and they introduced him to one of the old branch presidents from Pakistan.  They were both so happy to talk with someone in their language, Urdu.  It was great.

We stopped by him yesterday at the gas station where we met him to see how he is doing and he is excellent.  He has been reading from the Book of Mormon and he says so far all it does is support the Christ.  He is very happy with it.  He even jokingly said to us, "So when can I sign the membership?"  :)  Soon Chaundhry... Soon.  He also made us these really good orangey-creamsicle-slushy things, but that was just a bonus.

We also went in to Winnipeg to go to a Boys and Girls Club charity event called Race For Kids Saturday Morning.  Then we went in again that night for Stake Conference.  It was so good!  The Sunday session I was able to see Hester!!!!!!!!  It made me so happy!   I haven't seen her since I left YSA and I just love her SO, SO much.  She is going to Dalhousie ward now and it is great.

I also got to meet another member from the Dalhousie ward who's mother I am working with up here in the Selkirk branch.  Chaundhry was talking to him about me and then I walked over.  "Here is Sister Hill.  She is the missionary that found me."  He stood up to shake my hand, and when I realized who he was, I told him I knew and was working with his mom, and he was so happy!  It was so good.  They both smiled at each other and agreed they were very pleased with my work.  I'm just here people, and happen to be lucky enough to be apart of such great miracles.  It made me feel really happy nonetheless.

So that's the really exciting stuff.  Sister Porter is great like I knew she would be.  We are working well together and I'm learning a lot from her selflessness.

I love the Winnipeg Stake.  I love being in a mission where I've been able to teach and know people from all over the world. All in one little, well, huge, mission.
Love you!
Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment