Ok. Enough of that. On to my week.
Sunday
was great. Well it was super sad because my two baptismal dates and
their less active mother did not come to church again (Prayers for
Hanna, Lexi and Michelle would be much appreciated). But it was great
because Sister Stohl, the last sister to serve here NINE years ago (and a
senior sister at that) came to church and I got to meet her. She is
from East Millcreek. Imagine that. Biggest regret of my life is not
getting a picture with her, but after church got insane as it always
does and it didn't get to happen.
Sunday was also great because Chaudhry is so great.
He was still late to church, but we had a lesson with him and the
Barretts afterwards and he continues to amaze me. He is the most
converted man I have ever met, and he is strengthening my testimony of
the restoration. Unlike most people with a Christian background, he has
actually read the bible, several times, and actually understands true
doctrine, and since he already knows true doctrine he accepts the
restoration and is excited to learn more about it. He is amazing. He
spent about eight days in a torture cell, and risked his life many
times, because He will not deny Jesus Christ. He likened Moroni unto
himself when he says, "And I, Moroni, will not deny the Christ; wherefore, I wander whithersoever I can for the safety of mine own life." (Moroni 1:3)
Before all that we found four new investigators.
It's so true that when we turn things over to Christ He will provide.
I know that none of what happened this week is because of myself, but
because of Him.
The first is my newest, and so far only piano
student in Selkirk. (After four months in Selkirk the flyers finally
worked.) Next is Garth, a very nice, also very converted man. He loves
the Savior and it shows in his countenance. We met him walking past
him and he started to talk to us, "Well aren't you two rays of
sunshine"... and when a lady in the building asked him if we were
bothering him he looked at her all confused and said, "No" and then
joking about it said "Oh no! They have me cornered!!!!" It was super
funny.
The other two came through a less active we've been trying to reach for forever. It's been good.
I am again, as always, grateful for the Holmes. They are my Holmes-away-from-home... Ha ha... Ok. Cheesy. I know.
Well, I love y'all as we Americans would say. (I'll have a whole slew of Canadianisms for you when I get home....).
Sister Heidi Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment