Thursday, July 10, 2014

Muggy Manitoba Mosquitoes with my Little Sister

They are everywhere!  And when you walk around town to save K's because you are sick of the Zone Leaders giving you a hard time at the end of every month, they eat you alive.

This week we didn't end up going to Fisher Branch because Sister Barrett's back was hurting and we've been getting a lot of rain up in our part of the world.  We are going this week however and it is going to be so great!  (Minus the fact that I will be further eaten alive by mosquitoes AND ticks.  Yes!  Georgia all over again plus more mosquitoes!)  

Also, there was an article written about Sister Porter and I a few weeks ago in the Selkirk Journal  and there is another one about a service project our church is doing that will probably come out on Thursday.  You can try to find them online.  Good luck.  I will mail the family copies:)

So what is Canada Day all about???  Face painting for five hours straight; or at least that's what I did with my Canada Day.  It was great.  Really though.  It was super fun, and I would like to say that the people's faces turned out pretty good.  Even when a little girl asked me to make her a dolphin.  How do you do that???

Well the latest is that Chaudhry moved. :(  But he did end up going to his new ward in Winnipeg so that's pretty great.  His kids are neat too.

That was sad.  Plus we dropped about half of our teaching pool, but new opportunities are always opening up.  For example, I have two piano students as of Friday and Sister Porter will soon have a cello student.

Little Sister is Sister Porter.  I call her that because she is so sweet and she loves me so much, even though I don't deserve it.  I'm kind of a punk who is trying to help her to not be commanded in all things. (D&C 58:26-28).  I hope it's working.  She is not allowed to walk behind me anymore.  "Walk with direction and purpose!" I tell her.  I hope it's working.

Well, I love you all.  Just remember that Jesus love you.  Infinitely!
Yours, Sister Heidi Hill

PS.  Some random lady just came by and asked, "Anyone desperate for a cookie?" and handed us some homemade cookies!  Gotta love small-town Manitoba.

No comments:

Post a Comment