Tuesday, July 29, 2014

So Worth It

This week has been one of the most amazing on my mission.  I have seen so many miracles, and the fruits of many long intensive days, weeks, and months of laboring in the vineyard.

Hanna and Lexi got baptized.  It was incredible.  We have prayed, fasted, cried over, loved, succored, and partied with this family since basically the beginning of my time here.  I was so worried if they were ready, but after much fasting and prayer, Heavenly Father assured me and my companion that now was the time for them to enter the fold, and we are so happy, and they are so happy!  It has been six months since my last baptism, and although it's been rough at times, I am so happy, because I have learned so much.  One of those lessons was that the best things in life are worth the hardest of waits, and sometimes they seem even sweeter because of the path it took to get there.

President Thomas wrote me this week asking me his opinion on whether we should keep sisters here, or bring back elders.  I was very humbled by him asking my opinion, but oh, I am so glad we are here.  I needed Selkirk.  It has refined, changed me, broadened my horizons and helped me to be happy and feel loved.  The beginning of my time here was filled with days of exquisite sorrow, but now the work is exploding and I just feel so blessed.  On Pioneer Day, my one year mark since I entered the MTC, Sister Porter and I began teaching an incredible family.  We went without a car for a few days this week, so we walked to their house.  We were mocked and laughed at on our way there, but it was still beautiful.  They are a wonderful family, close to multiple families in the branch, and they are looking for truth!

The motto of my message today is none other but this: when seeking for the blessings of Heaven, just Hold On.  


I love you all so much and I am so grateful for your love.  I LOVE being a missionary.  It has been one of the hardest things I have ever done, but it is SO WORTH IT.

Love, Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment