Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Goodbye to my Summer in Selkirk

It's coming to a close.  The transfer calls have been called and I am out of here, with Sister Harrison coming in.  She'll be really good, for both Sister Porter and the area.  I, however, am getting kicked-out to Regina, Saskatchewan.  That's six hours west of here and an hour east of Moose Jaw.  I am going to be serving in the Sunrise Ward with Sister Meservy as my companion.  (She was in my MTC zone).  Sister Hull was just serving there and is on her way home, so everyone is going to be really confused when Sister Hill shows up and there's just one vowel difference, but hey.  At least we never served together.

I feel like I've been here for forever and not very long all at the same time.  It's some sort of weird time warp.
It's been good though.  I've made friends here that I will have forever.  Some of those friends might as well be called family, and I have learned so many life lessons and learned how good it is to love!
 
This week I got sick, again.  (My sixth time in the mission.  It needs to stop.)  I currently look like a partial cyclops with pink-eye and I have been coughing up a storm.  I think it's on the way out though.  Besides real food, I'm living on vitamins, essential oils and herbal tea.
 
Probably the most interesting miracle of the week was when Sister Hutchinson called.  Last transfer the St. James Sisters called us with a referral from a person they teach for a man in our area.  When we visited him last transfer, he spent the entire time complaining to us about his horrible life and then basically kicked us out. Needless to say, we thought we were never going back.  Until Sister Hutchinson called this week telling us that the man had been asking his friend when we were coming over again and that we should go back. Apparently he is just feisty at first.  OK then.  We got the Skryba's to come with us, and it was perfect!  He was actually happy to see us, and he and the members connected really well.  He was sad that I was moving, but now the sisters in Selkirk are allowed back any time.  Who knew?

Funny Quotes of the Month:

1: "If in doubt, don't hesitate." -Gordon Barrett

2:"A feast for God: burnt offerings!" -Richard Hyde

3:
 
Emma Jo: "What's going on?"
    
Lexi: "The missionaries are over."
    
Emma Jo: "Oh.  That explains the dancing."  I like that dancing is how you    know the missionaries are over. Gotta love primary action songs.
 
4:"If we're the Kiskans then what kind of can do we kiss?" Abby Kiskan

I love you!  Keep dancing!
Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment