Want to hear all about Sunrise??? I knew it!
Well.
For starters. It has been raining here a lot. Our basement was
flooded this morning (OH yeah. Did I tell you we live in a house with
the best Kitchen ever?) and last night Sister Waugh's basement was
pouring! We went over with the elders and trenched it.
That's the next weird thing. Elders. I have been
serving in a branch for the past six months with no other missionaries
or elders to bug me. Not that elders aren't great. I am just SUPER
independent and can't stand coordinating with them. But I think I am
already friends with most of them, and hopefully soon will be true
friends with all of them.
Also, serving in a huge building with three wards
that meet in that building is weird! This is the first time I have ever
served in a building where more than on congregation meets in it.
The Good news is that we have Great members! And the temple!
Sister Meservy and I even got to go my first day here to do baptisms
with the youth! Yes!
The highlight of my week
was attending YSA conference! It was the best. (So I didn't really
attend but the needed a pianist and hey, I just happen to play the hymns
not too shabby so I got to go to a fireside and their sacrament
meeting). All three stakes of the mission came so I got to see the YSA
from Moose Jaw and from Winnipeg! Yessiree. I think the best thing
about it was the testimony meeting for two hours on Sunday.
It was just so beautiful to see how these YSA members are having
experiences with the spirit and remembering who they are and what it's
all about. It was also kind of an insight to how much harder it is
going to be to have the spirit in my life when I get back. I am going
to have to fight for it.
Speaking of fighting, I have this new image that
came to my head as I was reading from 3 Nephi 27 the other day. I see
all of the earth in a great war. Christ is leading an army that is
charging forward home to Heavenly Father. Thus we need to be united
with Him and follow his charge. I will always be on His winning side.
Ok, that's everything! I love you and I am proud of you
for the work you are all doing to bring others to Christ. Just
remember: Smile, be friendly, and Love every one like Christ would love
them, or the best that you can!
LOVE you!!!!! Sister Heidi Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment