Monday, September 1, 2014

You can be full of hamburger, or you can be full of the Spirit.


Man. Being a missionary is the best!  Every week I get emails from people I love around the world.  Hong Kong, Argentina, Ukraine, Mexico, Dixieland.  It's pretty great.  We are all in such different places, but we are all learning such valuable lessons: namely that the Gospel of Jesus Christ is TRUE, and it is AMAZING.

This week started out with me gorging myself.  It was actually quite disgusting.  The bad thing about being around elders again is that they peer pressure you into doing different things, like eating a triple-king 1 1/2 lbs burger and then wanting to puke.  I'm pretty sure I only ate one pound of it, but the manager gave me a winner card anyways because I think he pitied me.  Ha.  NO way was finishing it worth it!  I would definitely say that was breaking the word of wisdom and have since repented of it.

Much more edifying was the time I spent going back to Winnipeg for a day to attend Sister Training Leaders conference.  There are eight of us now in various parts of the mission and we had a great and powerful time learning about leadership from President and Sister Thomas.  Sister Karren gave a wonderful portion too about her mission in England.  (Oh I love that lady.  Best friends for eternity!  Mostly I just want to be her when I'm 70).  At the end of the conference, we had a panel discussion with most of the senior sisters in the mission, and then a testimony meeting.  Oh man, the spirit was so powerful, and as I looked around the room I saw a glimpse of how amazing and powerful each of the sisters in that room are.  We each have a piece of God in us, and I love it when I have those moments when I can see it.

When we got back to Regina again--(third time making a 6 hour car ride in one week; luckily I only drove one of those times)--we started a contacting battle that the Regina Zone Leaders challenged us too.  Ok... So they are creaming us, but we haven't really taken time to contact or find, mostly we've just been talking to people as we go along our day of scheduled appointments and stop-by's.  It has really helped us to talk with everyone though!  People we might normally let us pass us we are talking too, and miracles are being seen.  This has been a great call to repentance.  It seems like I'm doing a lot of that lately.

The best parts of this week are just how much I am feeling the spirit.  Sister Meservy is really obedient, and I love it!  We are working really hard and trying to be our best and grow.  My favorite moment this week came as we taught our most progressing investigator at the moment, M.  He says he is in a really low place right now, (which he is but I'll spare you the details) and the only time he fills full is when he's with us.  He says he fills like a glass with the bottom knocked off, and when we leave he fills empty again and nothing can satisfy.  The spirit told me to read 3 Nephi Ch 12:3-6:

3. Yea, blesses are the poor in the spirit who come unto me, for theirs is the kingdom of heaven.

4. And again, blessed are all they that mourn for they shall be comforted.

5. And blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth.

6. And blessed are all they who do hunger and thirst after righteousness, for they shall be filled with the Holy Ghost

I testify that the only thing that will ever fill us is the Holy Ghost.  Nothing else can satisfy but the love of God in our hearts.  Seek and fight to have him and feel him in your hearts at all times.  Each of us needs Jesus Christ to heal us, and heal our hearts (the vesicle or glass that carries the spirit) so that we can be filled and the Holy Spirit can reside in us.  I invite you to read and study chapter four of Preach My Gospel to learn more about this precious being and possession that we all too often take for granted.  I also invite you to study Chapter three to learn more about the Gospel of Jesus Christ that means everything to me.

:)  I love you all!  Thanks for your love and support.
Love, Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment