Sunday, October 5, 2014

Eye-ear

Working with members is the BEST way to find, at least in my experience.  That is where you find people that have been prepared by people with the spirit already.

This week we finally taught Jair (Eye-ear), the friend of a Mia Maid in our ward.  He is ready.  We met with him at her house with all her family and asked about his feelings of the restoration.  He said he had been reading the Book of Mormon and coming to church to find out if it was true.  I said, "what will you do if you find out it is true?" 

"I will need to get baptized, I guess." He said it with a smile:) Yes!  So, we committed him to asking that question: if this church is God's restored church on earth during general conference.  I know that he will get an answer.  Technically he lives in a different ward, but his fellowship is in our ward... So we will see how this all works out.  He has a date of October 18th if he knows it is true by that point. :) YES!

Oh, and we got transfer calls this week.  Sister Meservy is going up to Saskatoon (in her old area) with Sister McCrea (my MTC companion).  I will be getting Sister Christensen:)  She is so sweet, and she has already served in Regina once before, but in a different ward.  I love her.  She was actually my first friend in the mission because our companions were friends and lived in the same apartment building as each other. (See my first transfer of emails to see pictures and such).

General Conference is coming up.  Are you ready to: Watch, Focus, Listen,Hear and ACT on what the Spirit will tell you?  I hope so, otherwise you are missing out on WAY too much.  Go prepared with some great questions that are on your mind and I know the Lord will help you to know the answer because He knows your heart.

Anyways, I don't really know what else to write this week.  Too much in my head I guess.  But here are some great photos:-)

No comments:

Post a Comment