Wednesday, October 8, 2014

SUNVAN

Well, good news!  Sister Christensen and I are officially reopening the Lewvan ward for Sisters, while still keeping Sunrise ward.  The mission sort of went through a fluctuation with the lowering of mission age, and now it's going back down again as too many sisters are getting sent to other missions and not enough to ours.  (Seriously.  In other missions it's about 1:1 Elders to Sisters.  Here it's 4:1 or 5:1.  I guess they only send the tough ones up here... Ha.  Just Kidding.)  The point is, with the numbers of sisters going down, areas for Sisters have had to close (including Selkirk!  They just re-established Elders there last week!  I was there for four of the five transfers they had sisters.  Isn't that crazy?)  Sister Christensen and I noticed a need in the Lewvan ward for Sisters, so we had the Zone Leaders talk with President about it and they called back last night saying President wants us to officially meld our-self with that ward too, meaning we cover two wards and two areas!  Yes!!! :) Sister Christensen and I were jumping for joy last night (quite literally) because two of our four investigators are in that area, and there are also so many more Sisters that we could help in that ward!  :)

The crazy part is that Sister Christensen is the last Sister still in the mission to serve in Lewvan, so I feel that one of the reasons she came is so that we could make that transition this transfer.  Also, she is SO organized.  I love it!  Plus she is so focused and on top of things, obedient, sweet and caring.  I told her that she is one of the most pure missionaries I know.  She told me I am one of the most committed.... :) I love her.
 
We have a good connection and flow, so I am excited to tell you about the miracles that follow. This less active texted us this week that wants to come back and wants his girlfriend to get baptized also... Crazy.  Also other members are giving us referrals and people are coming out of the woodwork. :)
 
I wish I had brought my conference notes to send some thoughts!  The comments themselves were great, but my favorite part in my conference notes was the column where I wrote down promptings of the spirit of things I need to work on.  Repentance is so happy. :) I love it.
 
Thanks for sharing your insights from conference.  I know the Lord will bless you as you apply it!
Love, Sister Heidi Hill

<3 Love ya!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment