I feel so blessed in teaching Ron and Shannon and their
family right now! This week, Shannon invited their eight year old son
Isaac to be baptized with them, and he accepted. Ron and Shannon are getting
married, and baptized on December 13th. Then they are receiving the Gift
of the Holy Ghost on the next day. They are so beautiful! And they
are excited to tell their friends and family all about it! Yay!!!! :)
We had a lesson with them last night on tithing. Those
two are amazing! They full-heartedly accepted and are excited to pay
their tithing! Ron and Shannon don't have much, but they do have Faith in
the Lord. Bro Lafontaine came with us, and it was amazing because he, Ron and Shannon
are all native. Bro Lafontaine was able to testify to them of the Book of
Mormon being about their people, and how the gospel and the plan of salvation
further explain Native ceremonies and help them to make more sense. Super
neat.
Once again, due to last minute emergencies, no investigators
made it to church this week, but we were able to teach a new
investigator. He is blind, very smart, & kind and he has read up on
many of the religions out there. He is interested to learn what more we
have to offer. He had lots of books on witchcraft, so that was
interesting, but it was all good.
Life is crazy trying to manage two wards. We go to
church, talk, have a ward core, eat lunch, and do it all over again, second
ward core included. It's very stressful. But I think that's just
Satan’s way of trying to weigh me down. It doesn't need to be
stressful. It can be uplifting. It was interesting, someone made
the comment, "I think the more you are in a position to affect people's
lives in a meaningful way, the more Satan tries to pull you down."
Sometimes I feel like I'm letting one of the ward’s down, or that people
don't like me because I'm working with both wards now. It's RIDICULOUS, I
know. No one actually thinks that, and it's just the adversary!
But, I need my heart to believe that, and that's what I'm working on.
I'll be fine, don't worry.
Lots of other miracles include:
-Being able to play an old lady's guitar and her Peruvian
Charango (Not sure how you spell that, but it was a ten stringed instrument!)
Her son, who is also less active was there and really enjoyed my
music. They said that I strummed and tuned the guitar differently, but
they still really liked it. He also said he is willing to take her to
church whenever she wants, although he refuses to come in.
-NINE less actives coming to church!!!!! (Including our old
lady. :))
-The Lewvan Primary program!!! (I really want Polynesian
children)
-We were able to see the Little Mermaid because two Sunrise
YW were in it!
-We went through the TEMPLE on Wednesday!
-Sister Porter moved to Moose Jaw and I am her Sister
Training Leader!
-Sister Christensen is a wonderful companion that has helped
me so much!
I am so happy to be working with so many wonderful
people. They are changing me and helping me learn every single day.
Love you tons!
Sister Heidi Hill
"The Spirit of the Lord is upon
me, because he hath anointed me
to preach the gospel to the poor; he hath sent me to
heal the brokenhearted, to preach deliverance to
the captives, and recovering of sight to the blind, to set
at liberty them that are bruised" Luke 4:18. This is my
new theme. LOVE IT! I am here to help Him heal hearts, allow
liberty, and bring VISION to the blind.
No comments:
Post a Comment