Wednesday, November 12, 2014

The Lord's Church



This Wednesday I had an opportunity to go on exchanges with Sister Allen! She's a sweetie.  We were able to have a member present on the exchange with Sister Kydd.  We had a great lesson about Priesthood.  After the lesson, Sister Kyyd said something profound.  She said something like, "I don't want to be offensive, but instead of saying "our church", you should say "the Lord's church".  When you say "our church" you lower it to the world's level.  Anyone can have a church, but the Lord's church is something different entirely."  She said that lots of people say "our church" and she's trying to change the world, so I guess I'm going to help.  What she said is so true.  The church is more important and significant than saying "our church" gives it credit for.

Once Sister Kydd left, Sister Allen and I decided to just stop by and see Ron and Shannon because they lived close by and they were home! Without practicing beforehand, we were able to teach law of Chastity and the Word of Wisdom which they understand, agree with, and accept.  Miracle!

None of our investigators came to church this week.  They all wanted to try the bus, and we want to let them be independent, but it didn't work out.  Any suggestions on how we can help them get to church?

But speaking of church, I gave another talk this week.  That's the thing about serving in two wards: twice as many opportunities, twice as many responsibilities.  This one was on music, which I like a whole lot better than speaking on Jonah.  I took elements of music theory and used them as analogies for life.  Pretty good.

Even better, Jair, from the Lewvan ward, and Kamille from Winnipeg YSA (Sister Wu and I started teaching her last year) got baptized and confirmed this weekend: MIRACLES!!!! :) :) :)

Life is good in the CWM!

Love you tons! Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment