Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Runaway Groom



Have you ever had an investigator run away before?  Well, that's what happened to us this week. On Tuesday, we had a great lesson with Ron and Shanon about respecting our bodies and the bodies of others.  The spirit was there, they accepted what we taught.  We texted Shanon that night about coming over and making cookies for the Relief Society Christmas Social/Cookie Exchange the next day.  Instead of a "yes" we got a "Ron has been gone since before supper and hasn't come back yet".  The next day we texted to see if Ron came back and she said "No.  I'm calling the whole thing off."  Sister Christensen and I panicked.  Three baptismal dates all over, so suddenly.  We went to the store on our lunch break, bought stuff to make cookies, and went to her house, hoping and praying that we could resolve things.  When we got there, she said that this has happened before and she was through with Ron, and that the wedding was off, but that she still wanted to get baptized.  Phew.  We said she could as long as she lives the Law of Chastity, and she committed.  So after talking for a while she decided she actually did want to make cookies with us and came to the Relief Society Cookie Exchange.  This whole experience was so strange, but I'm glad that this happened before the wedding rather than after.  It is better to know now where Ron's commitment level is at.

On another note, we had a lesson with Sister Hooker this week.  She is so great, and it is so nice to see someone return to full activity.  She even offered to say the opening prayer.  In her prayer, she thanked Heavenly Father a couple of times for us, saying "my Sisters".  It was so sweet!  She is helping us with our family history, and it's great.  Sister Christensen and I both signed up to go to the Family History Day in SLC with her.

Now for the funny moments of the week.  We made vegetarian white chili in our crockpot and as we were about to eat it, I dropped a plate, and most of it shattered and landed in the chili.  When we pulled out what we could, we prayed for safety as we ate.  Afterwards we were laughing because it's not very often that you have to pray for safety when you eat.  Although we both found shards of plate in our chili, no harm or accident came upon us as we partook.  Prayers are answered. Ha ha.

It has been pretty cold up in this Tundra.  -35 with the wind-chill this week and it wasn't even December yet.  Today was only -14 without wind.  You know that you're in a cold place when you think -14 is warm.  I wore two layers of fleece tights to church and was still cold.  I don't know why this winter seems colder than the last one, but hopefully I get used to it.
The other funny moment was in a lesson at Shanon's.  When Sister Christensen wasn't looking I put on a werewolf mask that was on Shanon's floor.  When she turned around to look at me she was so shocked. :)

Keep Smiling!  Don't forget to do something extra special this year to make your Christmas Season Christ centered and memorable!

Love, Sister Heidi Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment