The
next day was Christmas Zone Conference. I remember my first Zone
Conference over a year ago. I remember sitting in the St. James Chapel
in Winnipeg thinking "this meeting has gone on forever... when is this
going to be over?". But as this Christmas Zone Conference went on I
remember thinking, I've been sitting in this chapel for four hours???
Where did the time go???? My spiritual stamina has grown. It was
great. President Thomas told some more amazing stories from his
Airplane Days at Silver King Lodge in Alaska, this time about how his
engine was literally exploding as he was flying with a passenger already
terrified of flying. He had to try and find a safe place to land, and
calm the passenger all while he is trying to fly and keep his airplane
together. No big deal. Every time he talks I want to move to Alaska!
He is an amazing example of being a priesthood holder in everyday life,
and Sister Thomas is also an incredibly faithful woman who is a leader
in her own right. I love her stories too! Then after supper we watched
"Meet the Mormons". (Which is a big deal because they don't have it
showing in our mission.) It was nice to watch a movie again.
On Thursday
we went on last minute exchanges with Wascana instead of Moose Jaw
because they got sick. I was able to have Sister Hansen in my area. I
learned that trainers are angels. She was telling me about her
experiences as she trained for the second time, and I was thinking,
"Man, what did I put Sister Wu through???" Trainers are seriously
amazing. They take a raw, undignified human being and give them the
molding to turn them into a missionary.
The
more I'm out here, the more I realize that the Missionary Training
Center is not only two weeks. The MTC is your whole mission: You are a
missionary being trained for life. The MTC should be called the
Missionary Training Center Training Center. (MTCTC). Just Kidding. But
truly, this is the Lords University! Time to learn all I can before
exams!!!!!
This is a great video that to me is what the Christmas Season is all about: http://www. mormonchannel.org/christmas- videos?v=2919740155001. Matthew 25:40 "And the King shall answer and say unto them, Verily I say unto you, Inasmuch as ye have done it unto one of the least of these my brethren, ye have done it unto me."
"The Christmas Spirit is really the Spirit of Christ" Sister Cruikshank
Love you all!
Sister Heidi Hill
PS.
Elder Stevens and Elder Jordan want to say hi. They are the Lewvan
South Elders who accidentally walked in the Family History Center while
we were emailing.
No comments:
Post a Comment