For starters we went on exchanges with the other Regina Sisters
this week. I finally got to go to the Wascana Sister's area with Sister
Reyes. She is so sweet!!!! This is her second transfer. She is 22,
from Georgia most recently, has the cutest accent and really knows how
to cook. She showed me a lot of tips with re-fried beans. Our exchange
was pretty mellow. We went to the archives which was basically the
first step in family history work. We were taking files and legal
documents from Saskatchewan and putting them into organized file folders
where they are scanned and put onto family search. Super neat.
Sister
Smith and Sister Hanson's exchange though was crazy. They taught a
million people (yay!)... and they lost our phone. So that's been
exciting. Apparently it dropped out of the car without Sister Smith
realizing it, and being in the Hood, we're pretty sure that it was
stolen. Someone was answering it according to one of our less actives,
and it wasn't us, so someone must have picked it up. We texted Hoodlum
and tried bargaining to get the phone back for ten bucks, but to no
avail. Luckily some elders had an extra phone in their apartment for an
area that closed and earlier today we got it all worked out. AND, one
of the phone guys that was helping us set it up is super good friends
with Jordan and his friends that we're teaching!!! So we invited him to
come to the next appointment.
The miracle of
recent is that were are working to help two people get baptized soon.
The first is Ron!!!!! We have a date for the 31st... I don't know if
that's going to hold but it's definitely not impossible. He is growing!
The
other person is Marcus. His date is also the 31st. He is eight, his
grandmother is an active member, and he has had cancer for about two
years. We're not sure how much longer he has left. He still has the
potential to live, but we taught the Plan of Salvation and I think it
really helped his mom a lot too. I am so excited for him. :)
I
cannot believe that I am coming home in less than a month. I want to
live in denial, but I can't. This phase of my life is over so soon and I
don't know what to do about it, except work hard and pray even harder.
I love the Lord. So much. I don't know where I would be without him.
I can't even imagine life without having gone on a mission. I know so
much more and I feel so so blessed! I can't even explain. And I know
that the Lord has great things in store for me in the future. I am so
thankful to Him, even though I don't understand my whole life yet or see
the whole picture, I will take one step at a time and let Him be my
eyes.
So much love,
Sister Heidi Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment