Tuesday, January 6, 2015

MLC Live

So... I did it!   I finished the Book of Mormon.  On January 2nd, but I still feel like that counts right?  It's within 10 days so I'm counting it.  It was incredible!!!! It really is like any other book, except not because in fantasies they write about things and powers that aren't real.  But let me tell you: Christ, is real.  The enabling power of the Atonement: It's real.  Priesthood power: It's real.  This book is so true and I'm so grateful I was able to study it like this.   I hope I get a chance to do a comprehensive study of the Bible when I get back or something of the like.  A-ma-zing.

Miracles this week:  We taught Jordan's friend.  Not only was Jordan's inactive best friend and his girlfriend there, but there other non-member friend joined too!  And the inactive friend even said the closing prayer!!! A small step, but a very big one too...

We also met with Faith who we met at the Hood library.  So good.   Basically she already knows everything is true, and just needs to quit smoking.  That requires will power.  She also already knows an active member who she invited to come be a member present with us and is going to get rides from that member to church.  What?

So that's a miracle for you.  This week was SO tiring.  It feels like a time warp happened in the middle of it where 12 of us from Saskatchewan took a 6 hour van ride to Winnipeg and another 6 hour car ride back the next day for a Missionary Leadership  Council Meeting.  Best MLC I've ever been too.  It was SO different doing it in person and it was SO amazing the faith that all of these missionaries have.  I can see how newer missionaries have grown out of the old leadership's thunder and built on top of it.  It was spirit led and amazing.  We set a new baptismal goal and it feels way better than when we set last year's.

Well, that's a wrap.  Don't forget in this focus on a New Year, that everyday is a new day.  Meaning: We can repent and change everyday.  We don't need to wait for a new year to start over again and again and again.

:) Much Love, Sister Heidi Hill <3

No comments:

Post a Comment