Wednesday, February 4, 2015

Last Email. "Let the Unbelieving Hold Their Lips"

Many miracles this week:

1. Shanon/Sister Cappo, was able to get her kids back!!!!!  That seriously feels like a lifetime ago but it was just Tuesday.  She only had them part time until that day.  We went with her to court to support her when she heard the news.  So many changes are happening.  They also moved into the Sunrise Ward on Saturday, and members from both of the wards came to help.  I know that both the gospel and the church are the best things that could have happened to Shanon at this point in her life.  She was already repentant when we met her.  She was so ready.  I am so grateful to have been a part of this time in her life.  This Sunday, Shanon and I bore our testimonies in the Sunrise Ward.  She is so strong.  She has opposition, but with the Lord she will succeed.

2. Marcus was able to get baptized!!!!  He is the cutest.  It was a little nerve-racking when they forgot to say his last name the first time and I had to be the one to "speak now or forever hold my peace" so that he could get it done right, but it happened and now he has the Gift of the Holy Ghost too.
 
3. Sister Smith and I were able to finish and record the song that we have been working on during random break times all transfer.  Thanks to Elder Wallace's skills it got videoed and then he was able to take the audio off and put it into a separate file.  Enjoy!

Now, for my testimony.  I know that God not only lives, but that He LOVES me.  I can feel it.  I have learned that that knowledge brings more peace and assurance than anything else can.  I know that He wants to bless us.  I have learned that the Plan of Salvation is so much more than just a graph with lines and circles--it is the context by which the Atonement makes sense.  I have learned that to have confidence in the Atonement is to have confidence in ourselves.  God does not make Junk.  Because of the Atonement, we can ALWAYS change.  I have learned more about the unique roles of Heavenly Father, Jesus Christ, and the Holy Ghost, and how each have a part in allowing us to access the Atonement.  I have learned that conversion happens line upon line until the day we die, and beyond.  Just like the infinite Atonement, conversion never stops.

It's been a long, short, hard, easy, slow, fast, mission.  All of the above.  I don't think I will fully comprehend the experience until this life is over, but I know that it has shaped me FOREVER.  #mapleleafonmyheart #CanadaWinnipegMission

So much LOVE,
Sister Heidi Hill
<3

No comments:

Post a Comment