Wednesday, July 31, 2013

First Week In MTC

Holy Cow.  It's GO GO GO GO around here.  Which is normally fine, except for when I have 25 people emailing me and 30 minutes to write them all back plus send a generally email so the world can stalk me.  So here goes.
The MTC food is.... good and bad.  Like there is tons of processed garbage, but there is also always a salad/wrap bar so hallelujah!  Plus this morning me and the sisters in my district ate a sack b-fast outside, so that was nice.  I still haven't had the orange juice... I've been too scared thanks to the rumors.  There is also a tree that smells like orange cream soda that everyone smells... I swear someone just dumped a bunch of soda on it.
So my district is made up of four sisters going to Winnipeg, two elders also going to Win, and four elders going to Billings Montana.  The sisters are awesome!!! We all room and do everything together.  My elders... well... they're elders at the age of 18.  Need I say more?  They're a little immature as a whole and we can never get everyone focused for personal study time because it happens in the classroom and whenever anyone gets distracted, which is all the time, they start talking and I want to scream.  I'm pretty all the elders are afraid of me because I actually have focus and want to get things done.  Amazing what two years of college will do to you.  There actually one elder who is 21 and a convert, but... I'm pretty sure he likes me least of all because we both try and be leaders.  Yipes.  I'm working on being patient.  To be fair, most of them are really good, sweet kids.  Plus we're all getting to know each other more as we eat meals together.  I've pretty much given up on getting everyone to do personal study most of the time and just leave to another room with sister McCrea (my comp) anyways.
All of the other Sisters are from Alberta Canada!  There are two more elders and sisters from another district but in our zone going to can win as well.  One of the sisters is also from Alberta, and the other one is from WEST VALLEY! Crazy world.

2 Funny Moments of the week:
Sis Crawford: "What's German Kickball?"
Eld Scouzen: "That's ven ve kick ju in ze faaaace!!!"
I saw Elder Max Durham on the temple grounds.  As he walked away he yelled "I love you! ... In a Christ-like way!"

Miracles of the week:
Letters from Mom and Amy
TRC went well!
BRO Neubert my teacher I swear was sent from heaven to be my teacher!
Liz Derrick was my host/ I see her all the time!
The list goes on and on but I must go!  Much love!

Sister Hill

No comments:

Post a Comment