This part of the mission... this time as STL with Sister Rush... has been pretty hard. Sometimes I wonder if all of the things I do even make a dent. And then I realize all of the people I've loved. Helping people in YSA break out of their quiet shell. Helping a life-long member realize her testimony. Helping people grow in their understanding of the nature of God and His level of infinite love.
Sometimes, there are things I accomplish that no Elder ever could. Like loving a family with children in a way the elders are too afraid to do. Letting Sister L. just cry on my shoulder. (We went to her house with the elders for dinner. I asked what I could do to help and she told me to give her a hug. She just broke down sobbing, because her sister is dying.... Then she made me go into the other room to get tissues because she couldn't face the elders). See, Elders couldn't do that. They would try to fix things. I am here to love.
Well, I really have to go! But I want to let you know that I love being in Moose Jaw where it is small enough of a town and far enough north to see the gorgeous stars! Last night I saw the Pleiades no problem. Thank you Heavenly Father to a place where I can experience nature!
Random thought:
This week I was reminded by Sister Rush that I move my eyebrows a lot when I talk... I guess I just want people to know I'm excited about things.
Sorry it's not much, but I send my love!
Heidi/Sister Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment