Well, if there is one thing I am learning from Regina for the moment, it
is how NOT to live the gospel. Not from experience, but from watching
others' experiences. It is so sad. Now, before I go on, most of the
members here are wonderful. But I have just learned from both good and
bad examples that when living the gospel we should ask the question: How
can I help?, rather than: How can I be helped? We should never just
expect things from the church because we don't like our current life
situation. We all have trials, but joy and peace are found as we rely
on the Lord through the simple everyday acts of prayer, study, church
and temple attendance. One of the most dedicated members of our ward is
going through some of the most intense trials, yet she is doing a
wonderful job of letting her life be guided by the spirit and fulfilling
her church duties in the face of those who are complaining with issues
less or similar to her own. Rather than feeling sad or offended when no
one offers to help us right away, we need to turn to the Lord for
strength, and then go about helping others as much as we can.
On
Tuesday we had specialized training in Moose Jaw. It was all about
working with members. Honestly, that is the only thing that will last.
Please reach out to those who are new, less active, or struggling in
anyway, whether or not it's your "assignment". These people need you.
The Lord needs you.
Miracle this week, Jair came to the CES broadcast with his friend! He is not an investigator yet, but he has super solid potential.
My hungry reputation is growing. Mostly with Sister Meservy. What can I say? My body likes food.
|
Sister Moody and I on exchanges! Love her :)
|
|
Moon cake and Homemade spring rolls from He Zhe and the Waughs! Love you! Sister Heidi Hill |
No comments:
Post a Comment