This week has been so great! We had a meal
appointment basically every night, and at two of them, non-members were
there too when we weren't expecting it! Last Monday we had homemade
chicken pho with the Dongs. (Yum!!!) The daughter had her friend there
too! We added him on facebook and he says he's coming to our next YSA
FHE for sure! Good things are going to come there.
When we
had dinner with the Redfords (who are crazy and I love it) Sis Redford
invited her handy man that was working on the basement to dinner too,
right as he was about to leave. We ended up having an AMAZING member
present discussion on how the Lord can give us revelation and the handy man was
asking questions. The Redfords did most of the talking (which honestly,
if they're saying good stuff I think that's how it should be) and you
could see his mind was expanding! We'll try to continue to contact him
through the Redfords. So good.
Another miracle of the week
happened at stake conference. Four less-actives and an investigator
came. (Wonderful!) The other miracle is what they talked about:
temples! I know the Lord is so willing to answer our prayers,
especially the righteous desires of our hearts that will help us at the
right time. At the end of every transfer, I pray for specific things to
come in my transfer call (which the Lord has answered every time,
although once the answer was "not yet"). Anyways, one of the things
that I said in one of my prayers was that I needed to learn more about
temples, which is kind of random and now that I'm looking back on it I
think it was probably the Holy Ghost working through me telling me I
needed to learn more about temples. Then, the Lord sent me to Regina,
the only area in our 2 1/2 province mission that has a temple (yet).
Since I have arrived, I have been able to do baptisms and sealing's (my
first time)! I have prayed to learn more, and the whole conference was
about the temples. I learned wonderful things, including that the
temple is the place where we know who we are. The world would have us
make it seem like the temple is just a short experience, but actually
the truths of the temple are permanent, not the "truths" of the world.
(Those thoughts actually come from Sister Meservy who gave a brief talk
and testimony). President Noble also said that understanding the
temple is like learning a new language or skill. We need to be
persistent in trying until it becomes clearer to us.
We did
end up losing the contacting battle to the Zone Leaders, but then we
challenged Paper and I think we might win this time! (There are three companionship's in the Sunrise Ward District. We are Scissors, and our
District Leader and comp are Rock). We also raced Paper to a fair spot
between our houses for exercise this morning and definitely won!
The
funny moments of the week are caused by mine and Sister Meservy's utter
exhaustion. Last night we finished weekly planning. I prayed and then
got up to get ready for bed while Sister M texted our people a
scripture. I got all changed and was just about to wash my face when
Sister M says, "So... are we going to plan?" As soon as she asked me I
just busted up laughing. I had been so tired that I forgot that even
though we weekly planned we still hadn't daily planned so I had to go
back and plan again before bed.
The other moments come when it's Sister M's turn to pray in the morning.
There will be a long pause.
Sister H: So... are you done?
*Silence*
Sister M: In the name of Jesus Christ Amen.
:) We are too tired for our own good.
Love you all! Sister Heidi Hill
No comments:
Post a Comment