Wednesday, April 9, 2014

Gratitude

I am totally overwhelmed.  My inbox is literally exploding with letters, and there is no way I have time to respond.  If I didn't write you back, I had a few hefty letters to write and not time for much else. I still love you.  21 unread emails later, this is what I have to give you.


Lots more finding this week.  We found a family through formers.  It was really crazy actually because Sister Hancey looked at her record and it did not look promising at all (like missionaries have been trying to talk with her for four years with "no interest") but Sister Hancey felt prompted to go see them and we did and the day we walked in she wanted it again.  Just goes to show you never know.  We are now teaching her and her three kids over 7.  Lexi and Hanna are still progressing.  Brent dropped off the face of the earth, but that's another ridiculous story for another ridiculous day.


Life is pretty interesting, but it's good because it's giving me a chance to refine myself even more and relearn gratitude no matter what.  I really like how in Uchtdorf's talk he talked about how gratitude is more than counting the blessings but an overall attitude and way that we feel.  I want to develop that again.  While studying gratitude this last week (even before Uchtdorf's talk) I learned that to gain to do so, it means you have to be humble. It means you realize you have God that loves you that has given you.  He really has given you all, just as much as the next person, it's just in a different way and it's up to you to use what God has given you.  Mosiah 2:19-21.


Funny Moment of the Week:
This morning in companionship study, Sister Hancey told me that she literally thought growing up that being vegetarian was against the word of wisdom.  Then she ended up with a super vegetarian trainer, who is vegetarian because of the Word of Wisdom.  Go figure.  But literally, in the MTC she asked her teacher how she was supposed to teach WoW (Word Of  Wisdom) to vegetarians.  Small town Utah baby.  Gotta love it. False Doctrine every where.
P.S. Love you! Sister Heidi Hill


The Holmes family picture :) 

Sister Hancey and I picnic it out.  Can you tell we're sick of winter? 




No comments:

Post a Comment